Supporting Good Governance
Through our work with boards of directors, executives and a wide variety of stakeholder groups we have recognized that:
- The quality of oversight and decision-making in many boards is far below what is required to ensure vibrant and sustainable organizations.
- The role, relationships and accountability of boards, directors and senior operational leadership needs to be more clearly understood given ever intensifying government, public, and stakeholder scrutiny.
- Defining, assessing and developing individual director and whole board contribution, in support of organizational priorities, are critical components of board effectiveness and accountability.
- Attracting, retaining and engaging high-calibre board members in the strategic leadership of an organization, is a priority in every sector.
- Ensuring a healthy and cooperative relationship between boards and their "sole employee" CEOs can significantly improve organizational performance and accountability.
Board members are responsible to their shareholders/stakeholders/members. Their primary accountabilities are in the areas of monitoring and decision making related to:
- Fiduciary stewardship
- Risk and asset management
- Strategic leadership
Four critical dimensions of good governance:
How we support you.
We work co-actively with boards to evolve better approaches to governing within their unique context. We focus our attention on building and using best-practice frameworks, structures and systems to support wise decision-making and stakeholder confidence.
Specifically, what we’re good at:
- Governance model design
- Governance reviews
- Board orientation and development
- Whole board and individual board member assessment
- Board retention and succession planning
- Board and Committee Chair Coaching
- Board/CEO Relationship
- Retreat planning and facilitation
© Copyright 2013 tng, all rights reserved.