Through our work with boards of directors, executives and a wide variety of stakeholder groups we have recognized that:
- The quality of oversight and decision-making in many boards is far below what is required to ensure vibrant and sustainable organizations.
- The role, relationships and accountability of boards, directors and senior operational leadership needs to be more clearly understood given ever intensifying government, public, and stakeholder scrutiny.
- Defining, assessing and developing individual director and whole board contribution, in support of organizational priorities, are critical components of board effectiveness and accountability.
- Attracting, retaining and engaging high-calibre board members in the strategic leadership of an organization, is a priority in every sector.
- Ensuring a healthy and cooperative relationship between boards and their "sole employee" CEOs can significantly improve organizational performance and accountability.
Board members are responsible to their shareholders/stakeholders/members. Their primary accountabilities are in the areas of monitoring and decision making related to:
- Fiduciary stewardship
- Risk and asset management
- Strategic leadership
Four critical dimensions of good governance:
In an effort to help Boards help themselves, tng has developed tools to assist Boards in their quest for excellence. Among these tools are our recently published Governance Workbook and related Appendix. Order your copies today by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we support you.
We work co-actively with boards to evolve better approaches to governing within their unique context. We focus our attention on building and using best-practice frameworks, structures and systems to support wise decision-making and stakeholder confidence.
Specifically, what we’re good at:
- Governance model design
- Governance reviews
- Board orientation and development
- Whole board and individual board member assessment
- Board retention and succession planning
- Board and Committee Chair Coaching
- Board/CEO Relationship
- Retreat planning and facilitation
© Copyright 2021 tng, all rights reserved.